Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

New Testament Roulette

Here's a little thing I picked up this weekend so I thought I'd share it with you...

tonight's reading is...
drumroll...

Mark 10:22-34

Jesus Speaks a Third Time about His Death
Jesus and his disciples were now on the road going up to Jerusalem. Jesus was going ahead of the disciples, who were filled with alarm; the people who followed behind were afraid. Once again Jesus took the twelve disciples aside and spoke of the things that were going to happen to him. "Listen," he told them, "we are going up to Jerusalem where the Son of Man will be handed over to the chief priests and the teachers of the Law. They will condemn him to death and then hand him over to the Gentiles, who will make fun of him, spit on him, whip him, and kill him; but three days later he will rise to life."
How lent-ishly appropriate! How confused the disciples must have been hearing their teacher talk about his death again for a third time. I find it hard to imagine myself in their shoes. What would I have been thinking? What would I have done? Would I have been like Judas? or perhaps Peter? maybe like the women of Jerusalem who met him along his journey to Golgotha?

No comments: