- Available: I try to be available to everything - therefore, I am a very busy person!
- Age: 25
- Annoyance: open drawers
- Animal: the furry pink muppet who plays the drums?
- Birthday: June 8
-Body Part on opposite sex: eyes, heart
- Best feeling in the world: a big Hug, crawling into my bed
- Been in Love: aren't we supposed to love everyone - now, no one said I have to like everyone ;-)
- Been on stage?: Absolutely! (You should come to my concert on March 15 - beware the ides of march!)
- Believe in Magic: wasn't that by The Lovin' Spoonful?
- Believe in Miracles: they're all around us
- Believe in Santa: absolutely! How could you deny the spirit of Christmas?!
- Candy: mmmmmm
- Color: oh no! I can't answer this question - I don't know the answer - I get all nervous when I get asked this question - can I answer with a 96 box of Crayola Crayons?
- Chocolate/Vanilla: chocolate or vanilla what? it totally matters!
- Chinese/Mexican: what about Thai/Indian? any/all of the above sound good
- Cake or pie: yes, please!
- Continent/Country to visit: Europe/all of them
- Cheese: as long as no mice are involved
- Day or Night: hmmmm... I like sunny days and starry nights
- Dance in the rain: absolutely!
- Eggs: pysanky
- Eyes: in the back of my head... better watch out!
- Ever failed a class?: Not yet, that would mean I didn't work hard enough.
- Full name: Johanna Mikitka - that's it, that's all there is to it!
- First thoughts waking up: I'm supposed to have thoughts when I wake up?!
- Food: I'm ready whenever you are!
- Greatest Fear: uh, roaches? idk
- Goals: be the best person I can be. Live a full life so that people can't say I have potential - my physics teacher once said that potential is a bad thing because a person who has potential isn't everything they can be.
- Get along with your parents? sure... Dad is always right (except when Mom is).
- Good luck charm: uh, not that I can think of
- Hair Color: Brown
- Height: 5'something
- Happy: If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands
- Holiday: a jolly holiday - like in Mary Poppins?
- How do you want to die: why ponder things so clearly out of our control?
- Ice Cream: hmmm, perhaps some springer chip, or some moose tracks, or maybe a banana split?
- Instrument: piano, voice, English handbells... maybe one day I'll learn to play the accordion!
- Jewelry: always my Order of the Engineer ring; other times class ring or one of a few other rings, necklaces, bracelets, earings, ankle bracelets - depends on the situation
- Job: "staff professional" - in many other states I could say engineer - but in PA you have to have your P.E. to say that.
- Kids: I like kids!
- Kickboxing or karate: um, I'd probably hurt myself doing either
- Keep a journal?: sometimes - mostly I just tell my mom
- Longest Car Ride: continuous: Philadelphia, PA to Clemson, SC; over three days: Philadelphia, PA to Oklahoma - both rides involved a 30ft. trailer, a 15 passenger van, and a concrete canoe!
- Love: <3
- Letter: I like to get them in the mail!
- Laughed so hard you cried?: totally!
- Milk flavor: chocolate
- Movies: depends on my mood
-Motion Sickness?: not that I know of - unless it involves the Paratrooper at Knobels
- McD’s or BK: BK
- Number of Siblings: 1 real sister; 1 "nocturnal twin"
- Number of Piercings: one in each ear
- Number: 3.14159...
- One wish: life without conflict
- Perfect Pizza: homemade or Papa John's with pineapple & jalepeno (if I'm ordering out)
- Pepsi/Coke: Pepsi
- Quail: How am I supposed to respond to this?
- Reason to cry: it's my party and I'll cry if I want to :-D (I think somebody put my brain-radio on shuffle tonight)
- Reality T.V.: ugh - too much reality
- Radio Station: any one that is not playing commercials - internet radio favs include WALN, WMID, OmegaRock
- Roll your tongue in a circle?: yes - particularly to annoy my friends who can't ;-)
- Ring size?: I think all my fingers are different
- Song: I couldn't pick just one!
- Shoe size: Women's 10, Men's 8.5
- Salad Dressing: depends on my mood - usually some type of vinegar based dressing
- Sushi?: oh man, this alphabet is making me hungry!
- Skipped school: I skipped one class in college so I could finish the homework that was due at the end of class... showed up at the end to turn it in - other than that, I can't cuz I feel super guilty!
- Slept outside: in a tent
- Sing well?: I try
- In the shower?: If my roomie isn't around
- Swear?: I work with drillers and construction workers - my brain has a full working vocabulary of words - I try not to use "drillers mouth" at the office or around children - some of the guys try to provoke my use of words... some I just won't use!
- Strawberries/Blueberries: mmmmm fresh fruit!
-Time for bed: I've heard that normal people keep schedules - I confess, I am not a normal person ;-)
-Thunderstorms: awesome - especially at the beach!
- Unpredictable: can this be predicted?
- Vacation spot: anywhere as long as it doesn't invovled homework!
- Which one of your friends acts the most like you: hmmm - I'll have to ponder that more
- Who makes you laugh the most: Fritz ;-)
- Worst feeling: getting out of my glorious bed
- Wanted to be a model?: not if it involves wearing makeup - yuck!
- Worst weather?: Hurricanes and tornadoes
- X-Rays: been there
- Year it is now: 2009!
- Yellow: brick road? ... submarine?
- Zoo animals: I want to go to the zoo... I've lived blocks from it for 8 years now!
LAST PERSON WHO…
1. Slept in your bed besides you: Elle - that Elephant sleeps all day!
2. You went to the mall with: do strip malls count? - in that case, my Dad - who can pass up a trip to Sears Essentials and the Dollar store?!
3. You went to dinner with: a lot of canoe people
4. You talked to on the phone: JB
5. Made you laugh: myself - I laugh at myself frequently
6. Hugged you: JB
7. Said they loved you: mom sent me an IM kiss
8. You spoke with: Theresa (my roomie)
9. You cried over: the guy at church who called me close-minded
10. Made you mad: the guy at church
I'm going to tag Aimee and T if they want to do it... and anyone else who might feel like participating.
This alphabet has been brought to you by the Letter J and the number 8.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Monday, February 9, 2009
This is really a post from facebook, but since some of the people who read my blog (or have left comments on occasion) aren't on facebook (yes, there are some people who are not yet on facebook in this world!), I've decided to post it in both places... here goes:
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about yourself. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the application) then click publish.
1. I can't stand open drawers... even if I can't see them at the moment. If I know it's open, I have to close it.
2. The drawer thing is even worse if there's something sticking out of the drawer.
3. The clothes in my closet are organized by type; each type has its own hanger variety (pants on black, sweaters on pink, etc.)
4. I prefer to give hand made cards over purchased cards.
5. I like to make gifts for people - necklaces, earrings, scarves, blankets, etc. but I rarely make anything for myself.
6. I like to sing - sometimes I think of my life as a really long musical... I'm still waiting for a whole street full of people to burst into a dance number.
7. I don't have a favorite color - I get really nervous when people ask cuz I feel silly telling them I don't know what my favorite color is. I'm a big fan of the 96 box of Crayolas :-D I like bright colors.
8. Although I really don't worry about what others think of me as long as I am happy with who I am, I do worry that people don't like me and are talking behind my back about me.
9. I really want to be the "Phillie Phanatic" when I "grow up"
10. I have a large collection of stuffed animals... a few of them have personalities
11. My dad and I custom designed/built the furniture in my bedroom at my apt.
12. JB's dad custom designed and built my coffee table.
13. I have a large, well-organized collection of LEGOs. One day I hope to have a room in my house just for them.
14. I like to cook when I'm stressed... or when I have a few free minutes.
15. I enjoy planning parties.
16. I'm a terrible liar - even when I try, I can't keep from laughing
17. There are very few foods I don't like/won't eat... really... try me!
18. I have a slight obsession with bubble tea... and Josh Groban (totally unrelated obsessions)
19. My bathroom is rubber-ducky themed - including: shower curtain rod, shower curtain, carpet, hand towel, matted picture on wall, trash can, and light switch plate cover.
20. I strongly dislike the feel of makeup - I own very little with the exception of chapstick, lip gloss, and an eyeliner.
21. I've acquired a reputation for making excellent jello shots - they actually taste like drinks, not just jello with vodka
22. I've always wanted a stained glass window in my house
23. I like to cook new things - esp. ethnic foods - it's a fun challenge
24. I would love to live in a big old farm house... I really like houses that have lots of character.
25. I miss some of my closest friends from the past whom I thought would be life-long friends... not that I don't have many great friends now... I have some of the best friends a girl could want... but it makes me sad that some people have essentially disappeared from my life.