Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Double cookie baking extravaganza!

If you haven't seen my kitchen (or lack thereof) before, suffice it to say that baking two different kinds of cookies in one night after a full day of work really pushes the kitchen to its limits. Oh, to have a real kitchen with full size appliances... alas, I'm too cheap to pay for that kind of apartment.

Type I: Meringue Kisses (recipe courtesy of Aunt Louie)


Type II: Thumbprints (recipe courtesy of Aunt Mary Ann (NJ))




The aftermath: not too bad if I may say so myself (I'd already cleaned up and put away the mixer when I took this picture... believe it or not the mixer was on that little piece of visible countertop)

Well, I'm thinkin' I might call it a night (w/o making coconut macaroons (recipe courtesy of Aunt Louise)... yes, it appears I'm collecting recipes for my favorite cookies made by my aunts ;-)
Aunt Mary Ann (PA) still hold corner on the market for nut tosses (I don't think I'm there yet!)

I better go wash the rest of the dishes since I certainly don't have space for a dishwasher in that kitchen!

No comments: